Sunday, September 29, 2013

Daylily Soup Goes on Safari!

Hey Friends,

Just wanted to share a little Alabama safari I went on today with you. 


I donned my leopard Crocs!  
What?  A girl has to be stylish!  
Have you had time to compose yourself (I just know you were amused by my fashion statement)?  Okay, here we go ...



I had already spotted my "object of interest," so I flew like the wind (as leopards do) along a path on this lovely bank.


Aha!  There he is!


He (I just think it is) tried to hide from me, but he underestimated the zoom on my lens!  He looks like a "Brutus."

Brutus was hovering to the left of this area.  I was out on a little peninsula.


Peaceful "looking" water.  Probably something much bigger than Brutus lurks beneath!


These ridges are wild pig paths.  There were no sightings on this safari, which is all for the best since they are aggressive!


On the way home, I was hoping to get a good shot of my favorite heron.  There he is up on top of the covered dock (he does not appreciate my visits).  This was a little too far away for me to get a good shot (a very clever fish sighting spot though).

Until next time, all the best!
:-)

8 comments:

  1. h! How far do you have to travel to meet a crocodile! Not many of them around where I live, thank goodness! Lovely pictures and I loved your crocs, very stylish and so appropriate! Where are you going next?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not very far, Helene! I had to travel about fifteen minutes to take the photos on this post, but I can walk about five minutes from our home, and see an alligator. Glad you enjoyed the photos, and the Crocs! :-) My next trip will be to California and it's coming up soon, so I'll be sure to post California photos. So glad you stopped by! :-)

      Delete
  2. What a great safari spot! And in our Aladambama, too. I need to see what you saw. Not necessarily eye to eye with the croc, however. Love the shoe, too, Beth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, one doesn't have to go far in "Aladambama" (love the nickname) to go on safari. Do they, Lee? In the fall, winter and spring, it's "Alabama the Beautiful," and in the scorching summer, it's "Aladambama" for sure. Thank you, glad you like the safari shoes ... LOL! So glad you stopped by! :-)

      Delete
  3. You had me at your safari shoes. :) The wild pig paths were fascinating. It almost looks like muddy rapids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kevin! So glad you liked the safari shoes. They really are fun! I was amazed at the wild pig paths too. I think it may have started out as muddy rapid erosion, and then the clever pigs took advantage of Mother Nature's creation. So glad you stopped by! :-)

      Delete
  4. Fab crocs- I bet your snappy friend wouldn't have minded a photo of them for his croc blog ;-) I'm looking forward to your Californian post! Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the nice compliment on my safari crocs! Yes, I'm sure they'd fit right in to my snappy friend's croc blog. ;-) I did keep a keen eye on his whereabouts at all times. I look forward to the Californian post as well, since it's one of my all time favorite places. I'll travel safe. So glad you stopped by! :-)

      Delete