Sunday, September 2, 2012

Garden Chitchat II

Hi Friends,

I know Daylily Soup has been a little "dormant" lately, but I just wanted to let you know I haven't abandoned the blogosphere.  Also, I've enjoyed visiting your blogs lately even though I may not have commented.  I'm quickly on the mend from unexpected, unavoidable back surgery.  I injured my back at some time in my life, but was able to play quite a good game of hide and seek from surgery for the past four years with the aid of a great chiropractor until lately.  Anyway, I should be back to normal (as normal as a daylily addict can be) in the near future. :-)

Shortly after my last post, I took these photos of more re-bloomers in the garden, so I just wanted to share them with you before they become historical news ... lol.  By the way, 'Spacecoast Ojo Rojo' that was featured in my previous post is still blooming today!  This morning, the garden was whirling with feuding hummingbirds, and yesterday the yellow swallowtails that ate my parsley to the ground as caterpillars were all aflutter (the parsley loss was totally worth it).  There seems to be a new garden theme each day lately.  Anyway, here are my recent daylily images if you have time for a little stroll:

'Rocket Booster'
I added 'Rocket Booster' to my collection due to its intense red color.  Martha, my late mother-in-law and gardening buddy, used to refer to this color red as "candle red." Please excuse the weeds in the background.  Jane at Tidy Gardens by Jane, please shield your eyes from the weeds. 

'Webster's Pink Wonder'






I tried unsuccessfully earlier in the season to capture this one's beauty, and I do believe this photograph is a better representation of 'Webster's Pink Wonder.'  This daylily is a perfect example of one that needs time to settle.  'Webster's Pink Wonder' slightly bloomed last year, but has been one of my most prolific bloomers this year.  I just enjoyed the last giant, stunning bloom yesterday. 

Lemon Spider (Inherited)
Lemon Spider (as I have named it) is one of my inherited wonder daylilies.  It re-bloomed twice this summer.

I'm off to sit in my perch by the window with a view of the hummingbird feeder.
  
 Hope you have a great week! :-)

17 comments:

  1. Leaving a comment again as blogger did a flip so I have no idea if you got my comment or not.
    OK...You are officially the Queen of Daylilies...FACT!
    Wearing my anti weed & bug glasses today so your garden looks FAB.
    Glad to see you back x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you for the very nice compliment and lovely title bestowed upon me, Jane ... totally makes my day.! :-) So glad you have your special glasses on. Thank you ... glad to be back. x

      Delete
  2. Hello, Beth. I'm sorry you had to go under the knife but hoping the surgery will make you better. You couldn't be any better at growing and loving daylilies. It's good to see from your images that they're still loving you back. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Lee,
      Thank you so much for the well wishes. I should be back to normal (or close) in three more weeks. I appreciate your kind words about my daylily growing. :-) My daylilies are spoiling me this year rather than me spoiling them.
      All the best!

      Delete
  3. Wishing you a speedy recovery from the scapel work. I'm sure the sight of your gorgeous Daylilies will greatly help to heal you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for the well wishes, Stiletto. Should be back to normal (or close) in three more weeks. The daylilies do bring me much joy. Thanks for stopping by.
      All the best! :-)

      Delete
  4. So pleased to catch up with your lovely blog - with even more lovely pics. Get well soon. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the well wishes, Annabelle. Glad you enjoyed the blooms. :-)
      All the best! X

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the latest bowl of Daylily Soup. I would have sent you some real soup if I had known you were horizontal. :( Sending you healing vibes and lots of daylily love!
    Nikki Schmith
    www.agirlandhergarden.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nikki, So glad you're enjoying the latest bowl of Daylily Soup. Thank you so much for the well wishes. I won't be out of the garden for long. Lots of daylily love back to you. All the best! :-)

      Delete
  7. Beth, I certainly hope that you are recovering quickly. What gorgeous day lilies. I am going to be searching out some better specimens for my front garden next spring.

    I am still drooling over that reference to Angel food cake, whipping cream, and strawberries, it's not even breakfast time here yet.

    Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen, Thank you for the well wishes. I am on the mend for sure. I won't be out of the garden for long. :-) I hope you find some great specimens for your front garden. Once you find the right daylilies, I'm sure they'll put on a lovely show for you.

      Glad you enjoyed the angel food cake memory ... it was a heavenly treat. Thanks for stopping by. :-)

      Delete
  8. Your lilies are beautiful.
    Wishing you a speedy recovery.
    You are in my prayers, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Connie, I'm so glad you enjoyed the lilies. They're spoiling me this year. Thank you for the well wishes and prayers. I won't be out of the garden for long. :-)
      All the best!

      Delete
  9. Beth, I hope you are feeling much better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your well wishes. I am feeling much better. I'll be back in the garden soon!
      All the best! :-)

      Delete