Saturday, March 9, 2013

Daylily Soup goes to Illinois!

Hi Friends,

I must warn you, this post is being created totally from my phone, so I'm not quite sure how the final post will look. I just got a new phone since the old one decided it didn't want to perform as a phone anymore, and am unable to upload photos for use on my blog as I used to. The former phone just didn't want to ring when someone called (now, that's a problem). Anyway, I recently took a trip to Illinois where I braved the snow and ice complete with a winter storm. It was quite pretty but I am so glad to be back in Alabama (yes, I've become a sissy when it comes to cold weather). The beach is the place for me! Hope you enjoy some of my photos from my little adventure. All the best, friends! :-)

View from the rental car line ...


At the hotel ...


This view wasn't my cup of tea ... homesickness was setting in but I would persevere ... :-)










Winter storm on the way ... supposed to fly out the next morning at 6:00 a.m.


My view before the de-icing!


Back home again ... southern sunset. :-)

12 comments:

  1. Hello, glad you are back in one piece :-) I must admit I am so fed up with cold weather, I just want nice, warm spring weather now. But no such luck for us in Northern Europe the next week or 10 days - we are having another cold spell. As if we haven't had enough already! Hope you are having great spring weather, have a nice Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helene, Thank you. I'm glad to be back in one piece too. :-) We did have a beautiful spring-like day here today. Wishing you warm spring weather soon. I'm looking forward to your 2013 spring garden photos. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I'm not a snow girl, either. It's pretty, but seeing it makes me appreciate our mild winters! But, it's always nice to get away and see another part of the country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Holley. I love to travel and see new sights, but I always appreciate home a little bit more after each trip. It won't be long until I'll be off on another adventure yet again. lol Thanks for stopping by. :-)

      Delete
  3. So glad you made it, Beth. Nice to get glimpses of one of my many former home states. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lee! I'm glad to be back too but I did enjoy seeing Illinois again. Glad you enjoyed the glimpses. :-) All the best!

      Delete
  4. Pretty good pictures from your phone, they have a sweet vignette quality to them :) The sunset came out, big and bold, just to let you know what you were missing. Home sweet home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rosemary. I'm glad you enjoyed the phone pics. I'm still learning the little tricks with the camera on the new phone, so your vote of confidence will help me along. That sunset certainly did seem to welcome me home. When I left my first day of work back at home, there it was. All the best! :-)

      Delete
  5. Well I AM impressed with the results from your phone! I'm pleased you are back safely. Don't bother trying to travel to the UK at the moment -after about 48 hours of spring, we have been plunged back into darkest winter. Floods... snow on flooded roads.... three layers of thermal underwear.... and a massively increased chocolate intake. You do realise that if many more Brits see that beautiful southern sunset, the entire nation may decamp to Alabama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you're impressed with the new phone post results! :-) Your compliment will help me persevere with the new phone camera (still learning all of the little tricks with it). Oh, I'm so sorry to hear you've all been plunged back into darkest winter. I won't plan a trip right now then. I did visit the U.K. about ten years ago in May, and it was sooo beautiful (like a fairy tale place). Wishing you lovely spring weather very soon. The southern sunsets await ... y'all come on over. All the best! :-)

      Delete
  6. I wish we could have "lunched" while you were here...Hope all is well!
    Nikki Schmith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish we could have lunched too, Nikki. All is well ... daylily season is upon us. Hope all is well with you too. :-)

      Delete