Thursday, May 22, 2014

New Chapter - Postage Stamp Garden

Resident Bluebirds
We're now in our new home in the Atlanta area.  Luckily, we found a charming rental townhouse with a great area for a postage stamp garden complete with a mature passionflower vine and resident bluebirds.  To top it off, I've been given full gardening freedom by the landlord.  Just wanted to share some shots of my canvas in waiting.  I am STILL unpacking (had no idea we were borderline hoarders until now ... LOL).  I'm off to continue unpacking.  There will be a postage stamp garden progress report on my next post.  Until next time, let's keep on shining! :-)

Traveling Orchids

Traveling Staghorn Fern


Passion Flower - New Garden

Postage Stamp Garden in the Works

A New Favorite Tree

Brought This One With Me - Lemon Spider


11 comments:

  1. A day lily....Home Sweet Home xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the daylilies make things easier, Jane! :-) xx

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the club of postage stamp gardens! I have more than 1000 plants, bulbs and trees in my garden so no reason to think small just because the garden is small :-) Good luck with everything, I know how long it takes to move and move in, I am currently living in my 23rd house counting from birth – although I have lived here for 12 years, the longest ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Helene! Your blog has been a huge inspiration. Postage Stamp Gardens are a whole new world. Don't worry, I won't think small. We'll be moving again within two years, so I'll try to rein myself in until the next garden, which will hopefully be more permanent/semi-permanent. Wow! You have me beat with your current being your 23rd house. This is my 17th counting from birth. I lived in my last house 14 years (the longest ever). Thanks again for the encouragement. :-)

      Delete
  3. You've landed well, Beth and obviously are having a great Atlanta takeoff. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, neighbor! I have a lot of adjustments to make, but so far things are going quite well. Now, the next hurdle is to become employed once again. :-)

      Delete
  4. Beth, so glad to know that you landed with your feet firmly planted in fertile soil. I hope the landlord knows how lucky he/she is to have a gardener tending the grounds. Looking forward to you updates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kevin. It will be nice to feel settled again. I guess we're a lot like plants when we are uprooted. We go into shock a bit, and then it takes time to settle. Well, the landlord is a gardener too and happens to love daylilies, so we had that in common right away. I get the feeling that not just anyone would be granted gardening rights. It's that daylily link you know. ;-) So glad you stopped by, and I hope all is well with you. :-)

      Delete
  5. Hi Beth, Happy to hear that you have settled in a new home! I'm one of the member of the club of postage stamp gardens. Passion Flower looks beautiful!! Look forward to seeing how your garden improves:)

    ReplyDelete