Sunday, April 20, 2014

A Garden of Friends

Wow!  I know it's been a long time since my last post, but A LOT has been going on since then, friends.  I'll be packing up and leaving the Daylily Soup garden in three short weeks.  We'll be moving to a townhouse in the Atlanta area, and I will then be a girl without a garden.  There!  I've said it!  Tears have been shed but but I am now in "prepare to bloom where you're planted" mode.  It seems my stars have lined up as far as the daylilies go.  Friends have offered out of the blue to take divisions, and "babysit" (their word) the daylilies until such time as I get my gardening hands on a garden again.  It really is true, "A garden of friends is always in bloom."  Daylily Soup will take on a different light for the time being, and will probably be a blog of my life and times as a gardener/photographer with posts about the gardens and blooms of others as well as my Atlanta adventures.  I'm really looking forward to visiting the fabulous Atlanta Botanical Garden.  Don't worry, I'll take you all along too.  Hopefully, I'll be able to post some 2014 daylily blooms before I land elsewhere, but I'm not sure if I'll see their smiling faces this year as we've had a very cold spring.  At least they'll have good babysitters. :-)  Well, I better run.  I'll see you on the other side.  Until then, I'll leave you with my cool weather friends, the Dutch Irises.  Thanks for stopping by. :-)

Dutch Irises - Cool Weather Friends

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Moving to a house – without a garden?! Not even a courtyard? A balcony? That’s going to be…sad, strange, difficult, or? I can’t even begin to imagine how I would feel if it was me, my garden is the most important room in my house! I hope it is temporary and you will get a garden back eventually. You can always start over again with plants, I have done that many times when I have moved from one rented house to another. But if you buy a house and set roots, intending to stay – without a garden, well, that’s a bit different.
    I hope you get to enjoy your surrounding gardens and keep in touch here via the blog. Good luck with everything! Take care, Helene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helene, Like you, the garden is the most important room in my house too! We never planned to leave our current home, but the universe decided differently. The townhouse is temporary as we will be renting. It does have a patio with an arbor overhead as well as a covered side porch. I've already been envisioning potted plant combinations for the patio. My potted palm trees will be moving if they will fit. I would never commit to buying a house without space for a garden. That's just not in my religion! I guess the orchids and potted patio plants will have to get me by for now. I'll explore Atlanta and take you all along. I appreciate your kind words and wishes. Thanks for stopping by, gardening friend. :-)

      Delete
  2. I will miss you, Soup, but happy to hear you will be in a city that I visit A LOT! Drinks and dinner are on the horizon for us two girls! XOXO Do write again soon! SAFE TRAVELS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When one door closes, another opens Nikki! I'm looking forward to drinks and dinner with my favorite daylily lady! We'll have fun for sure! Thanks for stopping by! I'm off to start a daylily wish list for the next garden (you just can't take the garden out of the girl). See ya on the other side, friend! XOXO

      Delete
  3. Congratulations, Beth, on coming to the Atlanta area; whenever you decide to jump in, I hope you enjoy some of this really fine gardening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lee! It won't take me long to jump back into gardening. Future gardens are growing in my imagination already. I'll be hauling at least nine orchids with me, so the indoor gardening/farming is off to a good start. All the best to you, neighbor! :-)

      Delete
  4. Hey there,

    Just discovered your blog via Lee May's comments section.

    I'm sure you'll enjoy your visit to the Atlanta Botanical Garden. They have the most amazing Imaginary Worlds exhibit going on right now - very cool topiary sculptures! - http://www.gardenofaaron.com/2014/05/atlanta-trip-report-1-exploring.html

    Best of luck with the move and your new postage stamp garden!

    ReplyDelete