Sunday, July 29, 2012

My Recent Travels - Part II (Lake Tahoe, Reno & Carson City, NV)

These are a few photos from the second half of my recent travels.  If you have a few minutes, I'd love to share these with you.  After our work was finished in Modesto, California, we were off to Reno, Nevada while seeing some beautiful sights along the way.  Here we go ...

Still in California ...
Lake Tahoe Beach View - California Side
I'd never seen Lake Tahoe before.  Wow!  It was beautiful!  Rocks are some of my favorite souvenirs, so I picked up a few precious rocks from the water near the dock on the left side of the pic. 


I enjoyed a delicious scoop of home made peppermint ice cream while standing here.  I was amazed with the color of the water;  such a beautiful blue! :-)

Lovely Lake Tahoe
Lovely Lake Tahoe
Reno, Nevada
I do believe Reno is the biggest little city in the world.  It was all dressed up at night with glitter and glitz!

Sagebrush
Fernando, who is a local, told me sagebrush is the Nevada state flower.  No daylilies around here!  However, I did notice some beautiful lavender growing, but wasn't able to snap a pic.

On the way to Virginia City
We were finished with work early on the last day of our trip, so we took a little drive to Virginia City, which is where Bonanza was filmed.

Along the way to Virginia City
Along the way, I bought jalapeno peanut brittle and jalapeno salt water taffy to take home.  Apparently, I'm the only one who has developed a "taste" for it (most of it is still sitting on the counter). It does have quite a KICK!

Interesting ... don't know how I took such a crooked photo ... I'm still not sure it's the photo that's crooked.
 Maybe this is the result of too much jalapeno peanut brittle (I had to sample it)! lol

Virginia City
 Here we are in Virginia City - the Wild West!

Local Shop in Virginia City
Leaving Virginia City
Leaving Virginia City
This is beautiful.  I just wish I'd never watched "The Hills Have Eyes."  I tried not to think about that crazy movie!  I picked up some precious souvenir rocks here too. :-)

One the way back to Reno ...

 

Hope you all have a great week! :-)


8 comments:

  1. Beth, your evocative pics remind me that . . . it's nice to go traveling – especially when you come home with some beautiful rocks. You covered a lot of scenic ground.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Lee, I've amassed quite a collection of rocks from various travels. My luggage or handbag always comes home from a trip with a few rocks in it. lol I agree, we did cover a lot of scenic ground. It was nice to get a glimpse of those beautiful sights. :-)

      Delete
  2. Awesome recap! Glad you are home, and wish I had some of that taffy! It sounds super fun.
    Stay cool!
    N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Nikki, Glad you enjoyed the recap. It was lots of fun. Yes, that taffy with a kick is good. I've been trying to find a mail order source. I'll be sure to let you know when I do.
      Glad you stopped by. :-)

      Delete
  3. I so loved being part of your trip. The pics are awesome. We are off to Italy at the end of the month and hope to provide some good pics of my own. Do take a look soon. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Ann, I'm glad you enjoyed being along for the trip. Oh, I'm so excited you're going to Italy soon! :-) I will definitely keep an eye on your blog for the sure-to-be-fabulous pics. Italy is on my travel wish list.
      All the best! x

      Delete
  4. Wow looks like fun. The shot I think it's the 3rd one, that you have a header called Lovely Lake Tahoe could be Kal lake in the Okanagan.

    Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jen, Yes, that trip was lots of fun in between work. I'm off to look up Kal Lake. It must be beautiful. So glad you stopped by. All the best! :-)

      Delete