Thursday, October 11, 2012

Just when I thought it was over ...

Just when I announced the close of daylily season in The Daylily Soup Garden, look who crept underneath the closed curtain and ran out on the stage!  Needless to say, I was totally amazed and delighted when I noticed this lady in red out in the garden on Saturday morning.  Sadly, she only made one appearance even though there were plenty of buds.  The nights are just a little too cool now to suit the daylilies.  Without further adieu, I present the last performer of the season (I'm sure this time ... positive, really).

Smile for the camera ...
Posing ...
Until next time ...

:-)

6 comments:

  1. Beth, you know it ain't over till it's over. I wouldn't be surprised if you got one more last bloom in December. Enjoy your surprise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would LOVE a December bloom, Lee! This year, I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up with one either. Thanks for stopping by. :-)

      Delete
  2. Lovely lovely surprise for a Saturday morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous bloom - truly a fitting departure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was, Stiletto ... one last pop of color. :-)

      Delete