Wednesday, October 3, 2012

October's Party

I’d like to share one of my favorite poems, “October’s Party,” written by George Cooper with you.  Please do take a look if you have a moment.  Click here (a lovely blog I stumbled across) to attend “October’s Party.”


Honey Crisp Apples - October Party Refreshments :-)
Well, October is throwing quite the festive party here, which I’ve decided to attend "with bells on."  I used to boycott October's party each year.  I was too busy sulking over the departure of most flowers to attend, but over time, I’ve learned to love autumn.  I now realize our gardens and us gardeners need time to recharge.  Autumn and spring are actually now tied for first place as my favorite season.  I don’t know why it took me so long to embrace autumn.  I’m a September Libra so my celestial composition is certainly most in sync with autumn.  Also in sync with autumn, is my love of boots, cozy sweaters, pumpkin pie and a nip in the air.  This year, I’ll be joining "The Chestnuts, Oaks, and Maples" on the dance floor.  Ohhh, what shall I wear?

Until next time, I'll leave you with one last daylily bloom from The Daylily Soup Garden.  Daylily bloom season officially ceased here two days ago.  What a season it’s been!

Inherited Beauty
What’s your favorite season?  What do you love about it?  I'd like to know.

Hope you’re having a great week! :-)

10 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed the poem. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed the poem, Stiletto. Thanks for stopping by. :-)

      Delete
  2. Autumn every time! I love everything about it! I'm sad that the daylily season is over - still... they'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the end of daylily season condolences. Yes, they will be back. I must remind myself that for everything there is a season. Thanks for stopping by. Happy autumn to you! :-)

      Delete
  3. O Queen of the Lily, can this really be the end? Of the daylily season? We'll still have autumn. As for the favorite season, I'm beginning to think it's a matter of loving the one you're with – as long as it's fall or spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I announce with a heavy heart, daylily season has ended in the garden of Daylily Soup. I agree, Lee, I think it's best for me to love the one I'm with too - as long as it's fall or spring. Thanks for stopping by. :-)

      Delete
  4. I love all the seasons, it's just the change over that bothers me for a while.

    What a daylily, that could overshadow anything I have....

    Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen, My hardest transition is the upcoming time change. I don't like "falling back" an hour. Thank you for the very nice compliment on my daylily. I'll bet you have plenty of superstars in your garden. :-) All the best!

      Delete
  5. Great poem. Thanks for sharing. Sad not to see day lilies for a while. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the poem, Annabelle. Yes, it will be sad not to see the daylilies for a while, but their absence will make the heart grow even fonder. So glad you stopped by. Hope all is well. xx

      Delete