Sunday, February 12, 2012

Day One!

Welcome to my first blog and to my garden!  I've been "feverishly" working in my flowerbeds this year (one advantage of living in southeast Alabama).  The iris bed has been weeded and fertilized.  Yes, irises really grow in Alabama!  I received a bed full of iris rhizomes from Schreiner's for my birthday the year before last. They did extremely well last spring even though it was their first bloom season.  There should be quite a performance this year!  Spring 2011 irises:


About Town

Young at Heart (and my coveted Bogs gardening boots ... last year's Valentine's Day present from my husband .
Flowers come in many forms.

Young at Heart

Proud Tradition

Martha's irises (my late mother-in-law and great gardening buddy)

Champagne Elegance


2 comments:

  1. Must be nice ....77 degrees on Feb 5th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning pics ... I love them ... especially champagne elegance ... truly beautiful. xxx

    ReplyDelete