Saturday, March 24, 2012

Spring Bloom Safari!


Red Bottle Brush Tree Bloom


Bridal Wreath Spirea


Beautiful white bird house built by my father-in-law.  He was a master carpenter in his spare time.   What a roofline on that birdhouse!

Mighty sycamore tree ... just as mighty as any oak.  This is one of my favorite trees.
What is your favorite tree?


Sycamore tree again ... my husband planted this when he was three!!!

Today was a gorgeous day here!  I spent the morning weeding the main daylily bed, fertilizing, and planting.  The dianthus and chives I bought last weekend are finally in the ground!  It looks like things are really running ahead of schedule in the plant world around here.  Normally, the irises bloom followed by the daylilies.  Well, not this year ... I have several daylilies with buds, so daylily bloom season should begin in about two weeks (very early for daylilies).  Wow!  Irises and daylilies blooming at the same time.  This is going to be quite a garden party! :-)

2 comments:

  1. I loved the birdhouse - and fancy living in a place that your husband grew up - how amazing is that? The bottle brush plant I know as I have one in a tub by my front door - sadly not yet in flower - much later in the year here. The other flowers are not so familiar. My favourite tree? It just has to be the weeping willow. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annabelle ... I love the birdhouse too. Yes, my husband grew up next door to our home, so we still get to enjoy the sycamore.:-) I love weeping willows too! xx

      Delete