Friday, March 23, 2012

Pretty in Pink - Dianthus & Loropetulum

Earlier this week, I went out looking for new blooms as soon as I got home from work.
Here's what I found:

Dianthus 
These don't officially count because they were still in their pot from the garden center.  Just had to snap them anyway...


Loropetalum

This one is so pretty ... love its fringe y flowers.

Loropetulum
We had rain and thundershowers last night.  Today, everything in the garden looks at least an inch taller.  It is amazing!  Irises and daylilies are right around the corner.  :-)

1 comment:

  1. Dianthus are pretty common here in England but the loropetulum is something I have never seen nor even heard of. I love its flowers they look so delicate and would dance in the breeze.

    Today I may take some pics of my early flowers - the camelias and the early magnolias are out and little spring flowers are just poking through. Red Robin is looking bright and herbs are just re-awakening.

    The only super grower at present is the purple sprouting broccoli, which we will eat in the next week or two. We grow lots of vegetables and salad but the weather is only just becoming possible for them to begin.

    ReplyDelete