Monday, March 12, 2012

Local Alligator

While I'm waiting for the flowers to bloom, I thought I'd blog about one of our "neighbors" 
who was out and about yesterday
a local alligator who lives about a mile from our home ... 
Rex


approximately 80 pounds, five feet tall ...
 muddy brown skin ... 
good personality ...
looking for a good home with a loving family ...
loves seafood ...
will chase intruders ...

willing to relocate (even to London) ... 

a member of the swim team ...

and the aquatic ballet

Note:  Rex is one of our smaller gators.  I believe the Alabama state record is 838 pounds, 14' 2".

:-)

3 comments:

  1. Oh my God!!!! How absolutely terrifying to have such creatures wild near your home. Scary. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was afraid you'd be appalled! Alligators normally flee from humans unless they've been fed by a human. Then, they become too friendly and sometimes aggressive. Crocodiles (live in south Florida) are another story ... they are aggressive and will go after someone. Yes, they are all a little scary ... I keep my distance and NEVER swim or even wade in the lake (we live near a huge lake). xx

      Delete
  2. As the Swamp People would say....Shoot um Lizabeth! Shoot um!

    ReplyDelete