Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Garden Visitor - Great Egret


GARDEN VISITOR - GREAT EGRET (USING THE STEPPING STONES)

GREAT EGRET - I SURPRISED HIM/HER WHEN THEY ROUNDED THE CORNER!
 I had a very unexpected visitor to the garden in the past.  I looked outside and there was an amazing Great Egret walking across the back yard (three feet in height)!  I found it very interesting that this bird used the alligator stepping stones in the garden.  I'd been replanting a flower bed, and I don't think he/she wanted to step in the loose dirt ... LOL.  After reaching the front yard, "Big Bird" (you know I name the birds around here) walked down the street, and disappeared into one of the neighbors yards.  I'm afraid he/she was up to no good.  One of the neighbors has a koi pond!

1 comment:

  1. I have never seen this bird before - it is so shiny that it looks almost unreal! xx

    ReplyDelete