Thursday, March 29, 2012

Announcing the First Daylily Bloom!

I dug out my "big girl" camera last night.  I have been using a Canon Elph, but I think it is worn out and has lost it's edge.  After all, that little camera has taken thousands of photos over the past seven years. My "big girl" camera has been around for a while, but hasn't been used a lot.  It's a Minolta Diamage A2 ... I hope you notice an improvement in my blog photos as time goes by.  I took a few photos with it this evening when I got home from work.  I will be off work on vacation next week, so I'll have plenty of time to practice with the camera, garden like crazy and blog!  It's time to recharge. :-)


Stella d'Oro Bud

Announcing the first daylily of the season ... Stella d'Oro!

Dianthus - Chili

Dianthus

Coreopsis

Honeysuckle
This is the current garden perfume right now ... it smells heavenly!



Even my blog space is blooming now!  It was time to replace the area rug so here's the new one.  The photo doesn't do it justice ... it's a deep chocolate brown with deeply hued flowers.  It brings the garden indoors. :-)

2 comments:

  1. We asre also just getting ready for the planting season - in fact just now making a list of wants ... have a great day. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy planting Annabelle! Hope you have a great day too. xx

      Delete