Sunday, June 3, 2012

The Country Club - This is Where the Wild Things Are!

I just visited the exclusive Country Club my husband belongs to otherwise known as The Hunting Club. Let's go visit where the wild things are.  Here we go ...

Clay Based Dirt Road
To avoid getting stranded out here, and having to survive on dandelion roots and greens while finding one's way out of the 1,400 acre "woods," I recommend traveling in a SUV, pick-up truck, jeep, tank, etc.  There is cell phone coverage in "most places" out here ... Hm-mm,  cell phone coverage in most places;  once again, the thought of dandelion roots and greens crosses my mind even though we're in a SUV, and I have a Kashi bar in my purse (yes, my purse is really with me ... and my cell phone).  I forgot my snake boots though (snake-proof boots, that is - not glamorous python boots)!  I am now wondering "What have I done?" ... "Do I really belong here?"  I lose all composure when surprised by a deadly snake ... 

Country Church
I spotted this lovely church right off of the dirt road.  
What a hidden treasure!


Deeper into the woods we go.
Time to start dropping bread crumbs...

Hunting Club Headquarters - Cabin
Here we are at headquarters.  The club is pretty much abandoned for the summer. Mr. DS hunts out here during deer and turkey season.  Personally, I don't like hunting but he tells me the deer population has to be controlled.  The turkeys and deer out here are very crafty, and are very hard to find.  I'm on team deer and team turkey. ;-)

Headquarters Front Porch
I feel like I'm infiltrating a secret society.  I keep looking for the "No Girls Allowed" sign ...  Actually, one of the wives of one of the other Country Club members hunts here and is very good at it.

Window Full of Character
Hunting Cabin
I'm in!
Everything is so nice and neat!

Hunting Cabin
Hunting Cabin
Is this a scene from The Walking Dead?
Some of the members just leave their own campers out here all year, so they're just set to go during hunting season.  It's like a little village right around the headquarters.  I made the mistake of watching The Walking Dead once or twice.  This seemed like a scene from that show, and I began to think about zombies.  At least I had my pistol nearby (in my Sequoia and I wasn't far from it).  INSANITY!  Why would I even watch something like that?  I swore off horror movies years ago.  Anyway, back more pleasant thoughts ...


One of the many ponds out here.  
I spotted a few wild things out here but they 
don't stand around long enough for a photo.  
No posing out here!

Corn Plant
Corn Field
The fields are also planted with cotton, sorghum, wheat and soybeans.

Spanish Moss
The trees have eyes!
I've seen The Hills Have Eyes.  Now the trees?
 This is scary!

 Or, is this one of those trees from The Wizard of Oz?

O.K., this one wasn't really out there ... lol.

Wild Thing ?
Blank Canvas

Back to the future ...

:-)

2 comments:

  1. Nothing like a red-dirt country road, a tin roof and a blank canvas. Thanks for the tour of my memories, Beth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're quite welcome, Lee. I'm so glad you enjoyed the tour. :-)

      Delete