Monday, June 11, 2012

Enchanting Photo

Just thought I'd share this with you.  I was on my way up the back steps earlier right before dusk when I turned around for some reason, and looked over the fence to my mother and father-in-law's former home.  There stood this birdhouse in the perfect setting beckoning me to take a photo.  I took a shot from the deck, but that didn't seem like it was quite close enough.  I don't know;  something just wasn't right.  I walked next door to get a closer shot.  By now, dusk was in its final stage;  I put the camera on a special low-light setting, and this is what I got.  My father-in-law built this lovely birdhouse.  When I snapped the photo, I thought about painting the scene with watercolors in the future.  To my surprise, the photo turned out like a watercolor.  I'm not sure how I did it.  It may have been the low-light setting, or my hands may have been a little shaky.  Personally, I think something special was going on out there tonight.  Has anyone had a similar experience in the world of photography?

Enchanting Birdhouse

14 comments:

  1. Enchanting - you are right - looks like an amazing painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm still amazed with it. Thanks for stopping by, Annabelle. :-)

      Delete
  2. It does look like a watercolor painting. Very pretty. I think the low light made the camera 'eye' stay open just a little bit longer than it would usually. Still, it looks quite magical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it, Holley. I'm going to try to recreate it tonight. I do love the magical quality. Thanks for stopping by. :-)

      Delete
    2. Surprising art is as good as the kind you work hard to get. And, yes, magical. Congratulations, Beth. You paint? Your talents know no end.

      Delete
    3. Yes, this was definitely surprising art. I didn't realize I had a "watercolor" setting on the camera! Yes, I watercolor paint. Thank you for your very kind words, Lee. :-) Glad you stopped by.

      Delete
  3. I love the picture - slightly blurry but enchanting and sort of magical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elaine. I'm still amazed with it. I didn't realize I had a "watercolor" setting on the camera. LOL Glad you enjoyed the pic. Thanks for stopping by. :-)

      Delete
  4. Oooh! Spooky...it was meant to be. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is interesting that I thought about painting the scene as I snapped it, and voila, a photo that looks like a watercolor. Rather mysterious, isn't it? :-) Thanks for stopping by, Jane! x

      Delete
  5. Oh, this photo has a very dreaminess about it. I expect to see fairies fluttering around and fireflies coming out to play with them. I have been meandering through your posts and have fallen head over heels in love with your delight blog. I especially love the part of your profile where you say that a lot of your adventures take place right outside your backdoor. I too believe that you do not have to travel the world to find beauty. All you have to do is open your eyes, God has blessed us with a marvelous planet.
    I am your newest follower. I would like very much to invite you over to my blog and I would be honored if you decide to follow.
    Have a wonderful day, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your very kind words, Connie. You know, I thought about fairies when I looked at the photo too I'm so glad you liked the fact that a lot of my adventures take place right outside the back door. They truly do! I agree, we have been blessed with a marvelous planet. I'm getting ready to fly over to Crafty Home Cottage for a visit. Thanks for stopping by and for joining my blog. Hope you'll visit again soon. All the best! :-)

      Delete
  6. Hi Beth, I see that you didn't just stop by and visit, but you are my newest follower. Thank you, I really do appreciate it. I have so much fun sharing ideas with other creative women, and I've made so many sweet and lovely friends, through this blogging community. Have a great weekend, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to tell you that your photo is just wonderful. It does look just like an oil painting. I have never seen anything like that before.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete