Sunday, June 24, 2012

Weeding! Argh!


Maintenance/Weeding ARGH!
This MONSTER tub of weeds (brimming over) was one of five that I, the only gardener living here, pulled this morning.  It's times like this that the diva gardener in me starts to come out.  I know, I know maintenance comes with the territory, but WEEDING is not my favorite aspect of gardening.  I prefer to design beds, create beds, rearrange beds and marvel over beautiful plant/flower combinations and beautiful blooms.  I love to fertilize ... I'm like the mad scientist when it comes to fertilizer.  However, being a perfectionist at heart, I can't stand weeds in the garden, so a weeding I will go. 


At some point during this "Argh!" ordeal, I went inside (took the dirty boots off) and was only going to be inside for a minute.  I was told I was too dirty to be inside!  He was right.  Your should have seen my yellow shirt!  Maybe I'll just sit out here, drink Kool Aid and play in the dirt. LOL

Sometimes Life is a Bowl of Cherries!
After pulling weeds for approximately three hours, purging the garden of non performers and rearranging a few residents for another hour, I staggered inside.  Now that I've had a chance to compose myself, I can barely move.  As I ate this bowl of cherries, I thought about my "Argh!" weeding attitude, and how lucky I am to have a garden to weed because along with the weeding comes:

Coneflower
this ...

Canna
and this ...

Daylily (Inherited)
and this!

Disclaimer:  I may (probably will) still have the "Argh!" attitude while weeding, but I vow to quickly get over it, and focus on the beauty of the garden and the many, many joys that go along with it.  Weeds be gone!

:-)

8 comments:

  1. Oh if only I lived nearer...I love weeding & tidying...I'd help you out. But it is all worth it in the end xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you lived nearer too, Jane. Maybe your love of weeding would rub off on me. I love a tidy garden too, but I just have to learn to love the process of keeping it weed free ... working on improving in that area. I agree, totally worth it in the end. :-) Thanks for stopping by. xx

      Delete
  2. Hello Beth, I am so happy that you liked my aprons. I hope you found something in your closet to convert . . . You will have to post it on your blog.
    I am sorry that you don't like weeding . . . I enjoy weeding, it gets my mind off everything else (kind of a brain nap). Your flowers are absolutely beautiful and I love your rubber boots. They are fabulous! You are certainly styling in the garden. Have a great week and thanks so much for stopping in. Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Connie, If I make one of those very cool aprons, I'll be sure to post it. Thanks for your kinds words about the flowers. My flowers bring me much joy, so they make the weeding worthwhile. Glad you love the boots ... I love them too! A girl's gotta garden in style (the rest of the outfit wasn't too stylish though). LOL These boots were a Valentine's Day gift from my husband a couple of years ago. Hope you have a great week too! :-)

      Delete
  3. Beth, I feel your pain and sometimes threaten to grow weeds on purpose. Oh, waitaminnit, I *do* grow some on purpose. They're just not called weeds when we like them; they're plants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lee, I was thinking about this very thing while I was weeding. I was wondering "Why don't we cherish dandelions, etc?" At least weeding does give me time for that sort of meditation ... that's a plus, for sure! All the best! :-)

      Delete
  4. My garden is so full of self-seeding flowers at the moment there is no room for weeds - which is a blessing - but I have been pulling out a lot of stuff (in a few dry weather moments). The rain has battered a lot of plants down flat with no chance of them standing up again - so they have had the chop too. At the rate I am going I will have no flowers left to blog about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh, I need to get some self-seeding flowers to block out the every threatening jungle of weeds! No room for weeds certainly is a blessing! I'm sorry the rain has battered your plants. I do hope you have some flowers left when the rains is gone. All the best! :-)

      Delete