Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Look Here Mary & Lady Neva

The late show is performing in the daylily beds now.  There will probably be another months worth of blooms in the late show.  Here's one of my long time favorites, 'Look Here Mary.'

Look Here Mary
This year has been a great one for 'Look Here Mary.'  I've had to stake this one in the past, but she seems to be fully established now and requires no stake.  'Look Here Mary' even went through a recent severe thunderstorm, which blew down trees, turned over lawn furniture and created overnight chaos without blinking an eye.

Look Here Mary
Reminds me of big yellow bows ...

Lady Neva
'Lady Neva' is another that I wouldn't be without;  she's very tall and willowy.  'Lady Neva' seems to float over the garden with the slightest breeze giving the illusion of butterflies fluttering in the breeze.

:-)

4 comments:

  1. How could you ever choose a fav' from all your gorgeous blooms! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you for your kind words, Jane. I do feel kind of guilty when I mention one being a favorite. They all have their shining star moments. :-)

      Delete
  2. Beth, I don't know which is more impressive – the awe-inspiring beauty of your collection or the huge variety. You grow, woman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the nice compliments, Lee. My collection brings me much joy. I'll keep growing. :-)

      Delete