Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Early Show

Won't you take a little stroll through Daylily Soup with me?  Let's take a look at the early show.

Spacecoast Ojo Rojo Daylily (Kinnebrew)
'Spacecoast Ojo Rojo' seems to be stealing the show around here ...

Spinnaker Daylily (Stamile)
Although simple, this is one of my favorites.  Spinnaker's a prolific bloomer, and turns a beautiful melon color as the day goes by.  The petals also continue to curl throughout the day.

Spinnaker Daylily - Spider (Stamile)
Taken early in the morning before the melon color started to appear.  The petals were just beginning to curl.

Key to Treasure Daylily (Carpenter)
Inherited Lemon Spider (Don't know the name yet.)

Cameroon Night
Diamond Dusted Borders Daylily
I posted this a few days ago before it was fully opened.  Here's 'Diamond Dusted Borders' in all her glory.

Orange Crush Daylily
This is the one that started it all.  Martha gave me 'Orange Crush' years ago, and my love affair with daylilies began.  I've moved 'Orange Crush' all over the garden without  it missing a beat.  So, if you're one who likes to "rearrange" a lot, this is the one for you.

Orange Crush Daylily
 We, in Alabama, are suddenly soaring into scorching summer-like temperatures 
(92 degrees for the high tomorrow).  
What happened to our spring weather?  
It must be headed up north and across the pond.  
I'm off to move the sprinklers.

Just curious, which one is your favorite?  
I won't tell the others.
:-)

8 comments:

  1. I love them all!! Well, If I must pick then it would be the Spacecoast. I had looked at that one awhile ago, but went with Spacecoast Shell Cracker instead. I love yours!! That is a nice variety that you have blooming today. We don't have that heat up here yet,I even had a slight frost this morning --Yuck, but perhaps by next weekend. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy! I've seen Spacecoast Shell Cracker; it's a beauty. I would love to have that one too. I'm glad you enjoyed the early show. I was surprised at the variety so soon. I was out earlier trying to predict which ones would be blooming. It looks like there will be quite a few. Wishing you warmer weather soon. Happy gardening! :-)

      Delete
  2. Beth, I'm faving Ojo Rojo, and not because his name reminds me of a hotshot football player. Spring? Hoping it'll return this week, after a long chill. I'll send some spring your way – if you send me some rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lee! I think it's my favorite of the group too. However, I do love Spinnaker. Oh, I love them all! I wish I could send you some rain, but I think it left here with the spring weather. Drought conditions are upon us.
      Happy gardening! :-)

      Delete
  3. WOW! You really are a lily-addict! I can't choose my favourite from your collection...too busy stroking the screen & admiring them from afar. QUite stunning x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane. Yes, I have a serious problem. Thank goodness I went the route of daylilies rather than something less "wholesome." I would have been in a terrible mess. LOL ... I an envisioning you stroking the screen and admiring the daylilies. Thank you for your kind words. Glad you enjoyed the daylilies.
      Happy gardening! x :-)

      Delete
  4. Oh how to choose a favourite when they are all such stunners. I have a vase of oriental (white) blooms beside me and a deluge continuing outside (it has been raining for a whole month in London) and your blooms and exotic temperatures make me so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Annabelle. I know your oriental white lilies must be lovely, and have a nice perfume. Wishing you blooms and exotic temperatures soon. We'll be scorching in a month or so. Would you send some of that rain you've been deluged with across the pond to Alabama?
      :-)

      Delete