Thursday, April 5, 2012

And The Versatile Blogger Award Nomination Goes To ...


There is hope!  I was just nominated for The Versatile Blogger award by Kevin at Nitty Gritty Dirt Man.  How cool is that?  I must wear my special movie star gardening hat today (yes, I do have a collection complete with a “movie star” gardening hat), and drink my water from a martini glass.  This should turn the tables on my dear son should he catch a glimpse of the resident gardener … he just "thinks" he has a unique style of dress. ;-)  I’ve pinched myself several times today thinking “Me?  My Blog?”  Needless to say, I’m going to have an extra, extra sparkling day today.  Thank you Kevin. :-)  To the left are the rules for nominees should they choose to adhere.  I have proudly added the award plaque to Daylily Soup, thanked Kevin at Nitty Gritty Dirt Man, and will write seven random secrets about myself below.  Also, I am fairly new to the blogosphere, so I don't quite have fifteen fellow bloggers to nominate yet.  I'll nominate those I have so far.





Seven random secrets about me:
  1. I am terrified of snakes and will literally take flight if one surprises me.  There have been many laughs on the part of others over this (some of my Lucille Ball moments).
  2. My favorite dog breed is the poodle.  I’d love to have a standard poodle in the future when I have time in my life.  I understand they are the 2nd smartest breed, and require a lot of attention to keep them out of mischief.
  3. I am a true Libra ... a lover of harmony, balance and tranquility.
  4. Favorite daylily so far (this changes often) is Spacecoast Jimbo Saddler http://www.kinnebrewdaylilygarden.com/spring2007/SCJimboSaddler.htm 
  5. My favorite color is purple.
  6. My favorite drink is water.
  7. My favorite herb is sweet basil. 
My nominations are all talented bloggers with inspiring, entertaining blogs - each is a true joy to visit.  And the nominations for The Versatile Blogger are:

Annabelle Serendipity
Nitty Gritty Dirt Man 
Lee May's Gardening Life 
Zoomin' Blooms - A Daylily Blog 
Tidy Gardens by Jane 
Blogging in Myrtle Glen 
Roses and Other Gardening Joys
The Sage Butterfly 
Aberdeen Gardening 
Obsessivecomplusivegardening's Blog 
Romantic Gardening 
The Essential Herbal Blog 
The Garden Diaries 
 

12 comments:

  1. Congratulation! Your blog is very good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, you very much deserve this award! Thank you so much for nominating Blogging in Myrtle Glen. I am honored :-)
    I have added a link to your blog to my award post at:
    http://www.myrtleglen.com/blogging/2012/01/30/the-versatile-blogger/

    Thank you, this sure made my day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. You're quite welcome ... your nomination was much deserved. I still can't get over the amazing orchid in one of your posts (Dendrobium Cuculatum). I'll be visiting "Gardening in Myrtle Glen" often. Oh, and thank you for adding a link to my blog.
      All the best! :-)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations from me also, and thank you for selecting my blog, I feel really honoured.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alistair ... my day is sparking again today from the award and the congratulations. You're quite welcome ... the nomination is much deserved. I enjoyed your last post, "Scottish Bluebells." I was intrigued with the photo of Balmedie Beach ... it must be lovely to have bluebells blooming along a path to a beach. The beaches near our home are pretty as well, but only have sea oats growing. I plan to visit "Aberdeen Gardening - from Bonnie Scotland" quite often.
      All the best! :-)

      Delete
  4. Congratulations! Doesn't it feel great to have someone point out how much they love your blog?! I appreciate so much the nomination. It made me smile. However, I will have to decline as I have received this award in the past. The daylilies in your header photo are just gorgeous! Congratulations again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ... I am honored to have received the nomination. Yes, it does feel great to have someone point out how much they love your blog. I've been working hard on mine and will continue to (I know there is still much work to be done.) Oh, you're quite welcome ... the nomination is much deserved (glad it made you smile). Your blog is a delight to visit. I have already picked out a spot for a rambling rose due to "Roses and Other Gardening Joys." I appreciate the nice compliment about the dayliles in the header photo.
      All the best! :-)

      Delete
  5. Thank you, Beth, for the nomination. I am honored. And congratulations to you for receiving this award. It is always so nice to hear how much others appreciate our blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're quite welcome ... the nomination is much deserved. Thank you ... yes, it is nice to hear how other appreciate our blogs. I've had extra sparkle in my days since receiving the nomination. :-) Your photo of the Pileated Woodpecker is amazing! Those beautiful birds visit my garden fairly often. I will be a regular visitor to "The Sage Butterfly."
      All the best! :-)

      Delete
  6. Hey well done you on recieving such a fab award...thank you also for nominating me. I did receive the same award quite recently & for fear of frightening more followers away with another boring set of random facts, I shan't post again...BUT...thank you kindly for thinking of me. I shall become one of your humble followers in return. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane ... I am honored by The Versatile Blogger nomination. Oh, you're quite welcome ... your nomination is much deserved. :-) Your blog is an inspiration and always makes me smile. The photos of your garden on the "About Me" page are beautiful. Also, congratulations being nominated for "The Sunshine Award." Thank you so much for following my blog. :-) I'll be a regular visitor to "Tidy Gardens by Jane." All the Best! :-)

      Delete