Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Rip City has Arrived!


Rip City Iris
The beautiful 'Rip City' has arrived.  
This photo was taken early this morning.  
I refrained from going out to the garden
with a flashlight before sunrise
this time. :-)

Rip City Iris - Raindrops
I ran home at lunch to snap a few photos with the tripod 
in the rain.
My husband was so kind to hold the umbrella.
Gardening madness has begun.

Rip City Iris - Raindrop Aerial View
One more 'Rip City' with raindrops.
 Thanks for stopping by. :-)

6 comments:

  1. Amazing colour inside - you have given me a great interest in iris and day lilies. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you ever start collecting either of them, you'll be hooked, Annabelle! xx

      Delete
  2. oh my, this Iris is so beautiful. I can't grow Japanese Iris here, but the LA iris do fine. I will post a picture of mine, the color is similar, but still, a Bearded Iris IS a Bearded Iris!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! 'Rip City' hasn't let me down so far. I highly recommend it. I bought 'Rip City' after reading a review from a gardener in Arizona who raved about having it in her garden. I would love to see a pic of your LA iris. :-)

      Delete
  3. Oh, this is a beautiful iris! No wonder you were outside in the rain taking pictures! You have a sweet and understanding husband!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Holley. I love this iris. Yes, my husband is very sweet and understanding. He's been through a lot of gardening madness. :-)

      Delete